The prostate is a small gland, roughly the size of a walnut, which contributes to semen production. Urine passes from the bladder through the urethra. The prostate sits below the bladder, partially surrounding the urethra. As a man ages, the prostate can grow in size, leading to disorders such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer.
Treatments we offer include:
- Photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP)
- Radiation therapy
- Transurethral holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP)
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT)
- Transurethral vaporization of the prostate (TUVP)
At NY Health, we want to reassure you that we are here during your time of need while maintaining safety precautions. If you or a loved one is in need of care, please call our office, 631-689-7800, and we can schedule a VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT VIA TELEHEALTH for you. You can also request an appointment here. Subsequently, we can make appropriate recommendations and follow-up as clinically indicated.