Cancer treatment may affect physical, social, psychological and work-related abilities. Rehabilitation helps people regain these abilities and maintain independence. Our goal is to help you live your life as you did before diagnosis. Whether you are newly diagnosed or long finished with treatment, if you want to increase your independence and continue working on your rehab goals, then rehabilitation services may be right for you.
Cancer rehabilitation can help you reach the following goals:
- Improve physical strength and activity tolerance. This can offset limitations caused by cancer and cancer treatment.
- Increase your ability to care for yourself. This reduces the amount of support needed from caregivers.
- Adjust to actual, perceived and potential losses.
- Reduce anxiety and depression.
- Receive education regarding possible side effects of treatment to enable patients to be more proactive in their survivorship.
We create customized programs to address a wide range of symptoms and diagnoses for each type of cancer. Our experienced team of therapists and physicians work with individuals to address rehabilitation needs for a variety of conditions including:
Common conditions treated
- Decline in balance
- Difficulty with walking
- Joint stiffness
- Numbness in feet or hands
- Poor endurance
- Postural changes
- Scar tissue restrictions
How cancer rehabilitation can help:
Rehabilitation can improve the quality of life for people with cancer by reaching the following goals:
- Improving physical strength to help offset weakness caused by cancer and cancer treatment
- Increasing a person’s ability to care for himself or herself and reducing support needed from caregivers
- Providing support to adjust to actual, perceived, and potential losses due to cancer and cancer treatment
- Managing symptoms of cancer and its treatment, including fatigue, sleep problems, and pain.
Rehabilitation often helps patients regain strength, physical functioning, and independence that they may have lost due to cancer or its treatment.
- Talk with your health care team to learn about the rehabilitation services available at your cancer center or in your area.
- Depending on your needs, you may visit one or more specialists trained in specific areas of rehabilitation
To Schedule an Appointment:
For outpatient treatment or evaluation, call 631-574-8303