When it comes to choosing a primary health care plan for you or your family, consider choosing family medicine!
What is a Family Physician?
Unlike other medical specialists who focus on treating a specific area of the body or disease, family physicians provide overall care to patients throughout all stages of their lives. Family physicians are experts in managing common complaints, educating on preventative care, diagnosing developing conditions or sickness, and managing chronic illness. They are the backbone of comprehensive healthcare and help ensure that you are healthy and get proper care and treatment at all times.
Benefits of Family Medicine
There are many benefits to opting for a family physician when you’re choosing a primary care doctor:
- They can treat you no matter your age – Family physicians can provide expert care to anyone and are well-versed in illnesses and bodily changes for any age and gender.
- They treat the whole family – Family physicians always take into consideration and understand your family dynamic and family medical history.
- They know your medical history very well – You can trust them to know what’s “normal” for you and easily recognize when something seems out of the ordinary.
- You build a relationship with them – You can feel comfortable, be honest, and confide in them at all times.
- They are well-versed in illnesses and bodily changes for any age and gender – Family physicians have expert knowledge in how your body changes, and the health challenges that come with it, as you age.
Family Medicine at New York Health
New York Health Family Medicine is committed to providing highly professional, compassionate, patient-centered care that is available to patients from childhood through adulthood. We are dedicated to delivering the best medical care and building relationships with entire families across generations.
If you’re looking for the best family medicine care in New York, our expert physicians are here to help you. Contact us to schedule an appointment or to learn more.